Police Speed Cameras
Average Speed Camera Fines
If you get a total of 12 points on your license within a 3 year period, then the court has the power to impose an immediate driving ban, lasting a minimum of six months.
Types of speed cameras
- Laser speed cameras
- Radar speed cameras
- Red light traffic cameras
- Mobile speed cameras
- Gatso speed cameras
- Truvelo speed cameras, etc.
All of the above types of cameras, and the way they are operated, are subject to strict rules. Failure by the police to comply with these rules means that any case brought against you that relies on evidence from one of these cameras, may fail.
Defending Against a Speeding Charge
- You cannot be convicted solely on the evidence of one police officer alone
- The speed reading from a camera is only one of two necessary forms of evidence needed
- Often, the police fail to properly fill out necessary documentation
- Police officers sometimes operate speeding camera equipment incorrectly
- Cases may fail if police cannot show evidence of calibration checks.
Any and all of the above situations could be enough to form an adequate defence for you. The police often rely on the assumption that you will simply plead guilty without challenging the charge, and in many cases this means that they do not strictly adhere to all necessary protocol.
For example, have you seen a photograph of your alleged speeding incident? If so, why only one? In many cases it is not possible to legally prove a speeding case against you unless the police are able to show two or more different photographs. Did you also know that the case may fail if the police cannot show evidence of their own calibration checks (not those from the manufacturer) relating to their use of the camera on the day in question.